Join us on LaMacchia Travel’s Exclusive Trip to Northern Italy! This trip starts in Como where we will visit Lake Como and Bellagio, with a day trip to Lugano Switzerland. We will spend a day in Milan seeing the famous La Scala Opera House and Duomo. Then to the coastal town of Siestri Levante where we will see the gorgeous Riviera of Northern Italy. Visiting Cinque Terre for a tour by local train, and carrying on to Florence where will we see Michelangelo’s famous “David” statue and explore this Renaissance City! From Florence we will take day trips into Tuscany for visits to vineyards and famous towns like Siena and San Gimignano. On our way to our last stop in Venice, we will stop in Modena for a local balsamic vinegar tasting. In Venice, we will see local glass blowing, the Doge’s Palace, & St. Mark’s Basilica! We would love for you to come along on this cultural adventure to Italy!
Day 1: September 23, 2022
- International Flight from Chicago to Milan.
Day 2: September 24, 2022
- Arrive in Milan and meet your English-speaking tour escort who will be with you for the remainder of the trip. We will transfer to the Hotel Barchetta in Como and you have the rest of the day at leisure. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight in Como.
Day 3: September 25, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Today we take a guided tour of Lake Como and Bellagio. We will have a boat excursion, weather permitting. After returning to the hotel in Como, you will have the remainder of the day at leisure. Overnight in Como.
Day 4: September 26, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Today we go to Switzerland for the day! Spending a full day visiting the Italian-speaking town of Lugano, situated around the gorgeous Lake Lugano. Return to Como for the evening at leisure. Overnight in Como.
Day 5: September 27, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. En route to Sestri Levante, we will stop in Milan for a guided tour. We will see the world-famous La Scala Opera House and the Duomo of Milan. Continuing our journey to Sestri Levante, we will check into the Villa Balbi Hotel and have dinner at leisure. Overnight in Sestri Levante.
Day 6: September 28, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. In the morning we take an excursion to Portofino and Riviera for a boat ride to capture the best views of this stunning destination, weather permitting. Return to Sestri Levante for the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Sestri Levante.
Day 7: September 29, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Making our way to Florence, we will stop in the Cinque Terre where will we take a tour by local train, weather permitting. We will then continue on to Florence and check into the Executive Hotel in Florence. Overnight in Florence.
Day 8: September 30, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. We will have a day trip to Siena and San Gimignano today. Siena will start with a guided tour of the city and entrance to the Baptistry. The day continues onto San Gimignano for a wine tasting and lunch at a local vineyard. Returning to Florence for the evening. Overnight in Florence.
Day 9: October 1, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. The day will start with a half-day guided tour of Florence, including entrance to the Accademia. In the afternoon, we will take a short drive out of the city for a wine tasting. Overnight in Florence
Day 10: October 2, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Today we travel to Venice making a stop in Modena. In Modena, we will stop at a balsamic vinegar farm for a tasting and a light lunch. We arrive in Venice and have a private transfer from Tronchetto to the Hotel Cavalletto in Venice. Spend the balance of this day enjoying the floating city! Overnight in Venice.
Day 11: October 3, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Morning guided walking tour of Venice, including entrance to the Doge’s Palace, St. Mark’s Basilica, and a stop at an artisan’s shop for a glass blowing demonstration! The afternoon is yours to explore on your own. We will have a Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight in Venice.
Day 12: October 4, 2022
- Breakfast at hotel. Private transfer to Venice Airport. Flight back to Chicago.
Air + Land: $4,779 per person
Land Only: $3,609 per person
Price based on double occupancy. Single occupancy add $1,300. Travel Insurance is not included but highly recommended
- Roundtrip Airfare out of Chicago
- 10 Nights accommodation in First Class hotels
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- Breakfast Daily
- Private Motor Coach with A/C and WiFi
- Sightseeing, guides, and entrance fees listed
- Boat Tours as Listed (weather permitting)
- English speaking guide
- In destination Airport Transfers
- All Hotels, taxes, and fees