One of Europe’s most legendary rivers awaits you on this exciting journey with LaMacchia Travel along the Rhine River, which begins in Switzerland and visits France, Germany, and Holland! Board your Avalon Suite Ship® in Basel, Switzerland, then head for Breisach, Germany, at the foot of the Kaiserstuhl Mountain on the French-German border. Here you’ll find the gateway to Germany’s Black Forest, an area of unrivaled natural beauty, best known for Black Forest ham, cherry cake, and the cuckoo clock. Continue your river cruise to Strasbourg, France, and marvel at the red-sandstone Gothic-style cathedral with ancient murals and the fascinating astronomical clock. Stroll through the lovely La Petite France district with its quaint shops, delightful bistros, and peaceful waterfront promenade.
We have exclusive Panorama Suites available at a discounted rate starting at $3,994 per person
Day 1: October 15, 2022
Arrive in Basel by 3 PM. Guests must be on board the ship by 5 PM.
Day 2: October 16, 2022
- Choose from an excursion to the Black Forest or visit Badischer Winzerkeller. Evening cruise to Strasbourg
Day 3: October 17, 2022
- Guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district, and the Gothic Cathedral. Evening/ overnight cruise to Mainz.
Day 4: October 18, 2022
- Choice of guided walk in Mainz with a visit to the Gutenberg Museum, or a guided tour of Heidelberg Castle, see the Great Vat, or a hike up to Philosophers' way. Overnight docking in Mainz.
Day 5: October 19, 2022
- Rhine Gorge: scenic hike through the picturesque vineyards of Rüdesheim, or guided tour of Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Overnight docking in Koblenz
Day 6: October 20, 2022
- Enjoy a bike ride with the locals in Cologne or, a guided walking tour of Cologne’s Jewish Heritage sites or, a classic walking tour of the city. Afternoon/ Overnight cruise to Amsterdam
Day 7: October 21, 2022
- Start your day with an early morning walk in Amsterdam or, explore the iconic waterways of Amsterdam on a Guided Canal Cruise past stately homes of Amsterdam's “Golden Age”. Overnight Docking in Amsterdam
Day 8: October 22, 2022
- Your Cruise ends with breakfast in the morning.
Panorama Suite: $3,994 per person
Price based on double occupancy. Includes cruise taxes, fees, fares & port charges. Travel Insurance is not included but highly recommended ($379 per person).
Always Included Amenities:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Panoramic windows throughout the ship
- Elegant, contemporary design & decor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
Panorama Suite Amenities:
- Open–Air Balconies® and Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows in all Panorama Suites
- Comfort Collection Beds with choice of mattress firmness
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L'Occitane® bath products & hairdryer
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Wide selection of free movie channels and English-speaking TV
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- Full-size closet and mirror
- Additional under-bed storage
- Avalon Fresh® healthy cuisine options
- Specialty coffees, espresso drinks and beWell Essence flavored and infused water available daily
- Welcome & farewell cocktails with sparkling wine & canapés
- Spacious, open-seating Panorama Dining Room
- Daily a la carte breakfast with full range of classic breakfast items, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and daily specials
- Daily lunch buffet featuring regional specialties, classic dishes, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and rotating chef’s features including carving & pasta stations.
- Al fresco lunch in the Sky Grill
- Cocktails with a view on the Sky Deck
- Vegetarian & Vegan options at every meal
- Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, and sweet treats
- Happy Hour every evening including featured drink specials
- Seasonal cuisine featuring the freshest local ingredients
- Chef-prepared onboard meals
- Four-course dinners with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées and desserts
- Complimentary wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Complimentary room service for Continental breakfast
- Panorama Lounge & Bar with premium spirits
- Casual dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Avalon FlexDining® flexible dining times with menu & venue options